Thursday, 7 April 2016

I HAVE A BUN IN THE OVEN





I'm currently sat on my bed at 02:57am, with a recurrent case of heartburn, a cold that I've had for the past 4 days and an infamous case of insomnia. And guess what? I'm 26w+2d pregnant. Surprise!


So... I'm having a baby, might be a boy might be a girl, who knows? But I'm preggers. My first instinct was a girl and I have always called the baby a she. After my first scan I slowly convinced myself that I may be carrying a boy. I would honestly be happy with either one.

It still hasn't fully sunk in that I am about to become a mother and I honestly don't think it will until the baby is here in my arms. I never thought pregnancy would drag as much! I am always being told that it only get worse once you get to the third trimester and I am dreading it.

I was heavily contemplating about starting pregnancy related posts. I wanted to share the realities of unplanned pregnancies, how it feels to be a young mother and how I cope being pregnant as well as being a full time student. Pregnancy can be very challenging sometimes but I am so grateful that my baby and I are happy and healthy. I know a lot of pregnant women turn to the internet for advice, comfort and research. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I joined the Baby Centre Community, where I found so many amazing women who are due in the same month as me. We shared are concerns about pregnancy symptoms, baby scans and our excited and fears about becoming a mother for the first, second or third time. It gave me real comfort to know that regardless of my age, where I live or my background, there were so many women whose nipples felt like they were on fire and wanted to know whether it is okay to exercise whilst pregnant. The Baby Centre became my favourite place for reassurance and comfort, I then started to look for parenting blog, I started Pinterest boards and became obsessed with everything baby related (at this point baby was only a ball of cells). Google became my best friend, as well as my worst enemy and life no longer meant going out to the club on the weekend, or spending all my money on food and clothes. It meant I had to prepare myself for the offspring I am now carrying and get ready for motherhood as it's only round the corner.


I wanted to use this blog as a platform, not just food, but my own little pregnancy journal where I can record my journey into motherhood. I felt as though there isn't enough young mothers on social media who blog about their pregnancy and motherhood experiences. As a young mum-to-be, I felt a little lost looking trying to relate to older women who have full time jobs, a husband, a house and had planned their pregnancy. I looked up to them for advice on breastfeeding and newborn essentials but it didn't really go much further than that. I plan to make weekly posts about my pregnancy and how I am preparing for my baby's arrival, starting from my first trimester all the way until birth and beyond.

Shanice x
SHARE:

1 comment

© Simply Besotted. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig